January 22, 2015

5 Days to an Organized Crafty Stash - Card Stock

Hi there everyone! Welcome back to 5 Days to an Organized Crafty Stash from My Favorite Things! I've said it all week, but this has been the most fun stuff to post. I love seeing what everyone else uses for organization and I've really loved sharing it with all of you. Make sure you head on over to the MFT Blog for links to each participating designer and to get a peek of today's prize.

Today we are focusing on card stock. While this was being planned behind the scenes, I got a peek at Sharon Harnist's card stock organization and I RAN to Office Depot to get the same envelopes that she uses to store her card stock. My card stock was always organized but I always left it in the plastic wrap it came in. It would get messy, but it will never get messy in these envelopes.

Here is a pic of the package that the envelopes came in. OH, and a little card stock, too ;)


Here are all the beautiful colors lined up in some magazine holders I've had for ages. The magazine holders were purchased at Ikea.


I added a handwritten label with the name of each color to each envelope.


Here they are all lined up on their side in my kitchen craft cabinet.


And a straight-on view in the craft cabinet.

That's it from me today!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jackie

19 comments:

cathy lee said...

Once again your the small space hero! You show that having 200 pieces of one color is not necessary. Spending money on more colors is a better choice. I like the fact your paper is not out in the open. I worry about the light fading the paper. I guess if you use it fast enough that's not a problem. Thanks again for the inspiration. Cathy Lee

Teresa Doyle said...

I keep my paper in a cabinet now too. Had it out before for easy access but the outer edges faded over time on the less used colours. Great cabinet BTW!

Becky said...

I like this, I am going to get these pockets.

Sharon Harnist said...

Don't you love those pockets, Jackie?!! They are the best protecting, space-saving solution I've found to date ... thanks to Jennifer McGuire! I really love how well your cabinet keeps you organized -- fabulous solution!

Joan V said...

Wow, I love how neat and compact your space is. That cabinet is so pretty, is it an antique or a piece you inherited from another family member? Gorgeous. Okay, now I need to go get some of those job pocket sleeves. So, what are you doing with your scraps? Thanks for sharing.

Doudou said...

Very nice!great storage

JAVAGIRL said...

Lots of great ideas for sure.
Now to implement the chaos

Unknown said...

LOVE your cabinet! Thanks for sharing your storage sokutions.

Queen Mary said...

Jackie, I really like this. I'm going to look for those envelope things.

Tracie Pond said...

I like this!! My MFT Card stock is in job ticket holders. It is working nicely!

stampinfun71 said...

Love that this doesn't take up a ton of space. I really need more colors, I am drooling over everyone's ideas and color selection!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow girl, you're not playing around! That is some highly organized cardstock!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Great ideas, love your kitchen cabinet, I have an old oak kitchen cabinet that is in 2 sections and when we got the new flat screen TV we didn't know what to do with it, so I got the idea of splitting the two, we hung the top section to the wall all the way to the ceiling and then base below it, thus our new entertainment center and no one has anything like it. Back to the card stock sorting and organizing, love what you have done and where to get the job tickets. That will help a lot. TFS

Anonymous said...

Those pockets are to die for for sure!!! Love that you labelled them too!

Kim A. said...

I just love how you got so much use out of your small space. Wonderful tips!

Brenda Lee said...

Absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pockets!! I need to get some of those.

Pati said...

Great idea using the magazine holders! I think I will have to try this, if I can find some horizontal surface in my area! I have some small towering stacks of paper, takes up little space but not convenient to use that way. :)

jen said...

Thanks for sharing! I actually went and bought these today and did my paper. I also went to ikea and got some magazine holders as well. I love that I can see my papers now. Awesome job!
hugs,jen

Luanne said...

Loved these pockets so much, I went and bought some right away! Took the picture on my phone with me so I purchased the right thing. Thanks so much for sharing!