August 5, 2014

Splitcoaststampers Dare to Get Dirty!

Hi there everyone! It's Annual Dare to Get Dirty time over at Splitcoaststampers! Dare to Get Dirty is a week long celebration filled with daily challenges and LOTS of terrific prizes just for participating! I'm proud to be a Dirty Dozen Alumni and I look forward to this week every year. You have to be a Fan Club member to play along. If you're not a Fan Club member you can find all the information on how to join HERE. Already a member? Then join us HERE in the Dare to Get Dirty forum for the list of all the challenges, chatter and FUN!

I have two cards to share with you today so let's get to it!

My first card is for Lisa Henke's challenge, DTGD14LisaHenke. I'm shabby obsessed as of late and can't seem to put the gesso away! Love the white washed, shabby look it gives a card with minimal effort.

How do you like the color combo? I'm kind of diggin' it: Kraft, Insulation Pink, Bubblegum, and Chocolate Brown, and a touch of Sour Apple. The stamps I used for this card are You're Super (Friend sentiment), Wood Plank Background and Diagonal Stripes Background (flower). I cut the windows with the Square Grid Cover-Up from Kraft card stock and white-washed it with some liquid gesso. The Hello is from Happy Hellos and was cut from Chocolate Brown card stock four times and layered for dimension. The flower was cut from Bubblegum card stock with the Flower Medley Die-namics and was stamped with the Diagonal Stripes Background. The flower and Royal Leaves were given a good coat of liquid gesso, too. You'll find a complete link list at the bottom of my post.


Detail shot:


The finished inside:


My next card was made for Lynn Mercurio's challenge, DTGD14LynninStLouis. Remember, you have to be a Fan Club Member to view all of the challenges!

I went more clean, bold, and graphic for this card. Fun to change it up a bit! I used the Always & Forever stamp set along with the Ampersand and Lead the Way Die-namics. The patterned papers were made with the Linen Background, Diagonal Stripes Background, and Pinstripe Background.


Detail shot:


The finished inside:





Below you will find links to all of the products I used on my cards:
















Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am truly speechless my friend!!!!