March 6, 2014

MFT March Release Countdown: 5!

Hi there and welcome back to the March Release Countdown from My Favorite Things! Haven't the peeks been awesome so far? We've got more great stuff to introduce today so head on over to the MFT Blog for all of today's details!

I've got a card to share that uses the Wood Plank Background and a sentiment from Lisa Johnson's new set, Words of Inspiration. I've also used my fave Plaid Background Builder, Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose, and Leaf-Filled Flourish. The colors are from this month's Color Palette Challenge of Grapesicle, Berrylicious, Sour Apple, and Natural. I LOVE that this color challenge gets me to spread my wings, so to speak, and use colors that I normally wouldn't use together. I also find that when I'm struggling to combine colors I reach for the Plaid Background Builder ;) Makes it so easy to combine them.

So here's my card. I am SO IN LOVE with the Wood Plank Background. L.O.V.E.


Detail shot of the plaid flower:


And a shot of the finished inside:



Only Five More Days Until the March Release!


Below you will find links to all of the MFT products I used on my card.




Thanks for stopping by!

~Jackie

21 comments:

Tammy H said...

What an amazingly creative use of the woodgrain background. Never would have thought to do that with those colors. AWESOME!!

Alina said...

so beautiful, Jackie, lovely colours!

Jill said...

This is lovely, Jackie! I really like the woodgrain in a non-traditional color--it ups the wow-factor like crazy!

Judith said...

Very pretty. I like the plaid pattern of the flower

Tracey said...

Oh man, the colours on here are awesome Jackie!! And your plaid flower is genius! Gorgeous card!

Jessica Yoder said...

Wow. Just beautiful

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Pedro!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. I love your plaid flower.

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Love this card and your plaid background build. I'm going to need lessons on how to build a plaid background for sure.

Patt H. said...

This is a gorgeous card!! I love the color combo, especially the woodgrain!

Shanna Shands said...

Fun colors!!

Parker said...

I hadn't thought to ever make a plaid flower. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Your card is amazing.

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh WOW, Jackie! I mean really, wow wow wow wow lol! That plaid is TO DIE, and using it for the flower; genius! The colors on this are amazing, and I love the woodgrain, you've knocked this one out of the park!!!

Queen Mary said...

Gorgeous plaid! Incredible flower!

Janelle said...

What a pretty color combination to work with....and you created a BEAUTIFUL card.

Kelli B. said...

So pretty! I love the textured stamp used on the leaves! Very cool!

Unknown said...

Really pretty card! Love the grapesicle wood plank background!

Donna Cala said...

You are my plaid guru (a mft stamp set that I own and LOVE)! I love how you used it this card since I am also a sucker for woodgrain.

MJWeber said...

Another thumbs up for the wood plank background and the plaid flower!

Kylie said...

Love how you used the wood grain on the grapesicle card rather than traditional brown. It looks beautiful and the colors are so lovely together!!