March 25, 2013

MFT Creative Challenge - March

Hi there!  It's time for the March Creative Challenge from My Favorite Things.  This month the design team was challenged to create using their favorite color combination using MFT's cardstock and ink.  This was a FUN challenge!  So fun, I made a set of three cards!

Head on over to the MFT blog for a link to each participating designer.

Let me preface by saying that I'm not much of a purple person, and while I don't use it much, I LOVE MFT's Grape Jelly.  I especially love Grape Jelly mixed with Black Licorice and Sweet Tooth, with a little Gumdrop Green thrown in for good measure :)

I used my new favorite set, Pretty Poppies along with Distressed Diamonds.  The Die-namics I used are Poppies and Leaves and the awesome Blueprints 1.  These cards were so quick to make thanks to the Blueprints Die-namics.  I love having so many die choices in just one set.

I inks I used are Grape Jelly, Gumdrop Green, and Black Licorice.  The cardstocks used are Smooth White, Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice, and Grape Jelly.

Here are all three cards together.


This was the first card I made.  LOVE the pop of Grape Jelly against the Black Licorice.


Here's the inside.


Here's the second card.


And the inside of the second card.


Last but not least, is the third card I made.


And the inside of card #3.


And together once again.


Here are the links to the products I used:


14 comments:

Adorable Annie said...

these colours go really well together. love the cards

Marianne Louise said...

Lovely cards. Beautifull colors and the poppies are wonderfull.

Maureen Merritt said...

What a beautiful set of cards!

Lisa H. said...

I ♥ grape jelly, too, Jackie. these are fantastic cards. the black and white are beautiful with the purple and poppies.

scrappingnana said...

These are so pretty. I love your color combo. TFS

Sherrie said...

Ooooh, that is stunning Jackie....practically leaped off the screen when I opened it!

Valerie said...

LOVE this set!

GerriK said...

Beautiful!! Love the black and white with the grape poppies! Your layout is really striking!

Kim said...

Those are stunning Jacks!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, these are fabulous, Loving your color combo.

Heather Rogers said...

I love your collection of pretty poppy cards. The lavender and black look so pretty together. :)

Karen Motz said...

I do love me some grape jelly, and there's just not enough of it in the stamping world. Thanks for the lovely eye candy!!!

Sarah Gough said...

Beautiful Jackie! I don't seem to reach for purple, must change that!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous set girl! LOVE that grape jelly! Kicking myself for not ordering it last time....lol