August 11, 2012

Happy Birthday {SSS165}

Oh, how I look forward to the Sweet Sunday Sketch and this week does not disappoint.  Karen has another terrific sketch for us to play with.  If you do play along don't forget to link your card on Karen's blog!

We also have a new guest designer this week!  Please welcome Amy White!

I used the sweet Birthday Girl (sans balloon) from the Pure Innocence line at My Favorite Things and paired her with my new favorite Layered Rose Die-namics die. She was colored with Copics, was fussy cut out and popped up for dimension.  The flower was finished with a Spearmint button.  The Sentiment Strips Die-namics was split in two to stagger the sentiment.  The fishtails at the bottom were made with the Fishtail Flags STAX.  A couple little soft pink brads and some machine stitching finish the front.


The finished inside:



The Die-namics Dies I used:





Don't forget to check out the rest of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Team!

Amy White This week's guest!


This week's sketch:


9 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Oooh! I love her dress! How cute is she?? Love the yellow rose and the sentiment flags too. Just so fun!!

Karen Motz said...

I love her dress too, and how you tucked the sentiment beside her! So pretty!!

Tracy said...

I don't think she could be any cuter Jackie. Love the paper you used. You always use the best stuff. G*R*E*A*T take on Karen's sketch!!!

Vicki Burdick said...

Adorable!!!! Love that sweet little PI girl and pretty flower!!

Katie Skiff said...

Oooh.. this is so pretty!! Love the lil flags on the bottom and the flower!! ♥

Dana White said...

Jackie her dress is so cute & the flower is stunning off to add it to my cart!

Safdar Ali said...

The card is really so beautiful. I had worked as a designer for Plastic business cards and your designing is looking so nice to me. I appreciate your work.

Lynn Put said...

This is darling Jackie! Your paper pieced PI with the floral dress is so sweet and I really like your pretty color combo!

Lori said...

Too fun! Love the PI's paper pieced dress--the floral print's just perfect!